This is a cross-flow design with scrubbing liquid flowing vertically downwards while the gas passes horizontally through the packing section. A DeGATECH Horizontal Packed Bed Scrubber is used when limited headroom is an issue at a customer’s facility or when low profile is desired for roof-top applications. Multiple stages can be easily provided in one housing with separate sumps and pumps if required.
The cross-flow design is less susceptible to fouling for airstreams that may contain solid particulate. Air flow capacity for a single shop fabricated tower can be up to 80,000 CFM.
Packed bed Scrubber are custom designed to capture sub micron particulate matter, chemical fumes, odors, and other water / chemically soluble fumes and vapors generated in industrial process. All wet scrubber works on the principle of absorption technology, where the pollutants is made in contact with scrubbing liquid. The pollutants gets absorbed by scrubbing liquid either physical or by chemical means. The capturing efficiency of the scrubber can be increased by increasing the time of contact of flue gas with scrubbing liquid.
Common contaminates removed by DeGATECH Packed Bed Fume Scrubbers :
Caustics and Hydroxides
VOC abatement NOx removal
Types Of Horizontal Scrubber
1) DEG-WSPB-H Series (Packed Bed Wet Scrubber, Horizontal Flow)
- Capacities: 1000 to 80,000 CFM with a single unit
- Efficiencies to 99.97%
- Vertical and horizontal configurations
- Counter-flow and cross-flow models
- Cylindrical and rectangular construction designs
- Pre-quench and DeGATECH Multi stages scrubbing options available
- Materials of construction include:
- RTP (Reinforced Thermoset Plastic) and dual laminate
- PVC and CPVC
- Polypropylene and polyethylene
- Stainless steel, mild steel, and FRP-lined mild steel
- Wide range of packing media including rings and saddles in various materials. Structured packing is also available.
- Complete instrumentation and electrical controls are available for stand alone operation or connection with a facility's centralized control or monitoring systems.
- Chemical treatment, including oxidation and neutralization, is available to increase absorption of gaseous pollutants.
- Corrosion resistant fan on the inlet or outlet side of the scrubber.
- Corrosion resistant recirculating SS 316L pumps for scrubber liquid re-circulation.
- Non-plugging spray nozzles for wetting packing in a wide range of corrosion resistant materials. Special liquid distributors may also be used.
- Moisture eliminators and demister pads or loose fill type designs are available.
- Wet scrubbers have the ability to handle high temperatures and moisture.
- In wet scrubbers, flue gases are cooled, resulting in smaller overall size of equipment.
- Wet scrubbers can remove both gases and particulate matter.
- Wet scrubbers can neutralize corrosive gases.
DeGATECH has a strong team of consultants and engineers having deep knowledge in design and commissioning of scrubber across various industries. contact us to assist you in selecting efficient and economical scrubber to your specific process and pollution control needs.
- Chemical industries
- Pulp and paper industries
- Petrochemical industries
- Steel making
- Corn Processing Facilities,
- Food Manufacturing,
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Fertilizer production and processing industries
- Machining and Grinding exhaust,
- Fiberglass & Composite Industries,
- Utility Boilers,
- Foundries and Metal Finishing Operations.