Packed tower scrubbers (also referred to as packed bed or packed column scrubbers) are designed for chemical scrubbing of contaminants from gas streams. Internal packing in the scrubber housing provides a large wetted surface area to induce intimate contact between the contaminated gas and the scrubbing liquid. The contaminant is then absorbed into or reacted with the scrubbing liquid. Recirculation of the scrubbing liquid, which may contain caustic or acid scrubbing agents, is often required to achieve the desired outlet emissions.
Packed bed Scrubber are custom designed to capture sub micron particulate matter, chemical fumes, odors, and other water / chemically soluble fumes and vapours generated in industrial process. All wet scrubber works on the principle of absorption technology, where the pollutants is made in contact with scrubbing liquid. The pollutants gets absorbed by scrubbing liquid either physical or by chemical means. The capturing efficiency of the scrubber can be increased by increasing the time of contact of flue gas with scrubbing liquid.
In packed bed scrubber we use PP Pall rings, SS Pall Rings, saddles etc so called packings to increase scrubbing efficiency. We supply counter flow (vertical scrubber) and cross flow type (Horizontal scrubber) and multi scrubber arrangements based on site constraints and efficiency required. The sizing of scrubber, selection of scrubber solution, Material and inner lining is critical in designing wet scrubber for a particular application. DeGATECH designs and builds complete scrubbing systems including multiple stages as per application demand and customers expectations.
Common contaminates removed by DeGATECH Packed Bed Fume Scrubbers
- Formic acid
- Chromic acid
- Cl2, F2, Br2
- BCl3, BF3
- Ethylene compounds
- Soluble alcohols, acids, & VOCs
- And many others
TYPES OF PLATE COLUMN WET SCRUBBER
- DEG-WSPB-V Series (Packed Bed Wet Scrubber, Vertical Flow)
- Capacities: 10 to 80,000 CFM with a single unit
- Efficiencies to 99.97%
- Vertical and horizontal configurations
- Counter-flow and cross-flow models
- Cylindrical and rectangular construction designs
- Pre-quench and DeGATECH i stages available
- Materials of construction include:
- RTP (Reinforced Thermoset Plastic) and dual laminate
- PVC and CPVC
- Polypropylene and polyethylene
- Stainless steel, mild steel, and FRP-lined mild steel
- Wide range of packing media including rings and saddles in various materials. Structured packing is also available.
- Complete instrumentation and electrical controls are available for stand alone operation or connection with a facilityÃ¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢â¢s centralized control or monitoring systems.
- Chemical treatment, including oxidation and neutralization, is available to increase absorption of gaseous pollutants.
- Corrosion resistant fan on the inlet or outlet side of the scrubber.
- Corrosion resistant recirculating SS 316L pumps for scrubber liquid re-circulation.
- Non-plugging spray nozzles for wetting packing in a wide range of corrosion resistant materials. Special liquid distributors may also be used.
- Moisture eliminators and demister pads or loose fill type designs are available.
- Wet scrubbers have the ability to handle high temperatures and moisture.
- In wet scrubbers, flue gases are cooled, resulting in smaller overall size of equipment.
- Wet scrubbers can remove both gases and particulate matter.
- Wet scrubbers can neutralize corrosive gases.
- Can handle flammable and explosive dusts with little risk
- Provides gas absorption and dust collection in a single unit
- Provides cooling of hot gases
- Compact; can often be retrofitted into existing collection systems
- Corrosive gases and dusts can be neutralized
DeGATECH has a strong team of consultants and engineers having deep knowledge in design and commissioning of scrubber across various industries. contact us to assist you in selecting efficient and economical scrubber to your specific process and pollution control needs.
- Chemical industries
- Pulp and paper industries
- Petrochemical industries
- Steel making
- Corn Processing Facilities,
- Food Manufacturing,
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Fertilizer production and processing industries
- Machining and Grinding exhaust,
- Fiberglass & Composite Industries,
- Utility Boilers,
- Foundries and Metal Finishing Operations.